CableFree HCR Microwave Links: High Capacity Radio
CableFree HCR Microwave radios are high performance, modern generation wireless networking platforms supporting mixed IP/Ethernet and PDH interfaces, operating from 4 to 42GHz frequency bands and payloads 600Mbps (1+0) and 1Gbps (2+0), 1Gbps and higher up to 6Gbps with N+0 carrier aggregation, and Clustering to provide flexible Nodal Solution for high capacity networking.
CableFree HCR includes Dual Modems with 1024QAM and XPIC as standard features, and rich feature set including 7 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, Carrier Ethernet Features and modular expansion, and comes with a range of ODUs supporting from 4 to 42GHz licensed frequency bands
- Compact, split Indoor-Outdoor configuration
- Spectrally Efficient, Software-Defined IDU
- 1024QAM Modulation for high capacity
- 2+0 as standard: Two modems are included
- Powerful Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Adaptive Power Control (APC, ATPC)
- ACM (Adaptive Coding & Modulation) – True hitless and errorless implementation
- XPIC fully supported – standard feature
- AES 128/256 Encryption Options for security
- Capacities of 1Gbps and higher
- Mix IP/Ethernet and PDH/E1 Interfaces
- Rugged & proven telecom-grade design
- 1+0, 2+0, 1+1, ring, star and mesh architectures
- Scales up to 4+0, 8+0 for Nodal Solution
- Supports frequency bands from 4 to 42GHz
- Standard, High Power, and Ultra High Power versions available
CableFree HCR Radio Datasheet
CableFree HCR: 4-42GHz Split Mount Microwave Radio with additional carrier-related features, including Licensed and Unlicensed Frequency Bands and supporting 1024QAM Modulation
2+0 XPIC Microwave Configurations
CableFree HCR Microwave Links can be configured in 2+0 Configuration using Dual Polarised Adaptors (DPA) for Double Capacity applications and increased Resilience: with no Single Point for Failure in active transmission path, the system availability is dramatically increased. 2+0 configuration increases the HCR system capacity from 470Mbps up to 940Mps full duplex for 56MHz channel capacities in modern networks.
HCR includes XPIC (Cross Polarisation Interference Cancellation) technology as standard.
Higher speed configurations are possible with Dual 2+0 and 4+0 microwave link configurations if required to enable future network growth requirements for 2Gbps, 3Gbps, 4Gbps and beyond.
A full range of Microwave Antennas are available for use with CableFree HCR microwave links, with diameters from 20cm up to 3m or more for short to long range applications. Ultra High Performance versions of antennas recommended for excellent noise rejection for 1024QAM modulation. Please note:
- Single-Polarity and Dual-Polarised versions of antennas are available. Dual-Polarised antennas contain integrated OMT (Orthomode Transducer) for connecting radios to separate ports for Horizontal and Vertical polarities.
- Higher frequency links (Upper 6GHz and above) have waveguide interface and the radio mounts directly antenna mounts directly with clips.
- Lower-frequency links in 4GHz, 5GHz and Lower 6GHz are generally “Connectorised” with an N connector on both radio and antenna, with a short RF jumper cable between.
Accessories for CableFree Radios
Please use Surge Suppression when installing CableFree Radios where appropriate. Both Ethernet (POE) and RF (0-6GHz, with DC passthrough) Surge Arresters are available for various different types of installations. Always ensure safety of personnel as well as equipment when installing CableFree Wireless solutions. If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician.
CableFree Microwave links are used in a wide range of applications including 4G/LTE Backhaul, Wireless ISPs, CCTV for Safe Cities, Police, Law Enforcement, Fire, Port and Border Security ANPR applications.
CableFree HCR can also be used as part of CableFree UNITY solutions along with MMW and other technologies to increase range, throughput and availability.
Microwave is an attractive alternative to fixed copper or fibre networks and leased lines. Wireless links can be installed at a tiny fraction of the cost of trenched or leased fibre, providing a rapid Return On Investment (ROI). Links can be rapidly deployed in a single day, rather than waiting weeks or months for fibre circuits. Microwave provides an ideal alternative resilient path to mission critical cabled links where outage could cause severe loss-of-revenue or operational disruption.
Other Microwave Products in the CableFree Range
CableFree has a wide range of microwave and other wireless networking products:
Please Click Here for an overview of the CableFree Microwave Product Range
Request More Information
Please feel welcome to Contact Us for:
- Pricing and Delivery of CableFree HCR radios
- Free wireless link consultancy
- Free wireless network design services
- Further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products
- CableFree Approved Partner Scheme
We have many white papers and pages on Radio Technology to guide and assist users. Some of the most popular ones are listed here:
- Introduction to Microwave Links
- Explaining QAM Modulation
- Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM) Technology
- Diversity in Microwave Links
- Cross Polar Interference Cancellation (XPIC) Technology
- Microwave Frequency Bands
- Rain Fade on Microwave Links
For Further Information
For further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products:
Please Contact Us
You must be logged in to post a comment.