Carrier Aggregation in LTE-A (LTE Advanced)
Carrier Aggregation is a key technology in LTE Advanced (LTE-A) to enable higher capacities on mobile networks. carrier aggregation mainstream, with global proliferation, which benefits the entire mobile ecosystem: Operators, App developers, and OEMs – by delivering higher data rates, improved capacity, and the ability to use spectrum fragments.
Delivering successively higher data rates
Carrier aggregation in LTE offers successively higher peak data rates as well as better broadband experience across the coverage area.
The date rates scale with the amount of spectrum allowing 3GPP Rel 10 to support up to 5 carriers with up to 100 MHz of spectrum and commercial solutions to support up to 3 carriers with peak data rates up to 450 Mbps (Cat 5).
Higher capacity for bursty applications
Increased data rates of carrier aggregation can be traded off to get higher capacity for bursty applications, such as web browsing, streaming, social media apps and others, meaning operators can choose a higher capacity for the same user experience, better user experience for the same capacity, or both.
CA benefits the whole ecosystem
Users gain next-level user experience:
– Higher data rates with lower latency across the network
– Faster downloads of pictures, files, webpages, higher quality videos, etc.
Operators can make the most of all spectrum assets:
– Higher network capacity
– Opportunity to offer new apps/services which use higher data rates and capacity
App Developers can transform mobile experiences:
– Substantially richer user experience
– New immersive multimedia, such as 4K
– Fully utilize multimedia and connectivity of modern smartphones
Manufacturers show technology leadership and differentiation:
– Lead with early adoption
– Offer tiered devices based on speed and device capability
– Expand carrier aggregation proliferation to address global markets
Carrier Aggregation Summary
CableFree LTE-A Base Stations include full support for CA with latest Release 12 LTE-A software. CableFree LTE hardware and software is scalable and upgradable for future needs and increases in coverage and capacity. Deploying a CableFree LTE network will ensure latest technology and capacity for your network.
For Further Information
Please Contact Us for more information on our exciting range of solutions using LTE technology