4G & 5G Small Cell Base Stations with advanced features
- Small Cells for outdoor 4G & 5G-NR connectivity
- Small Cells for indoor 4G & 5G-NR connectivity
- Optional Core Network
All of the the CableFree range of Small Cell products feature latest generation technology and upgradable features for future-proof networking and performance.
CableFree Emerald 4G & 5G LTE Small Cell Base Stations
CableFree Emerald 4G & 5G LTE Software Defined Small Cell Base Stations offer advanced features and “stand alone” capability for private networks. Our Small Cell solutions use the latest SDR technology with transmit powers up to 4x 10W for outdoors and 4x250mW for indoors for high capacity, local area networking, with Software Defined Radio & Software Defined Networking (SDN) technology with easy upgrade to new features and high capacities.
CableFree offers EPC, 5G Core and other related infrastructure for complete 4G & 5G networks
Please Contact Us
New Product Release!
The CableFree 4G/5G LTE Small Cell includes are typically offered in 2×2 or 4×4 MIMO versions, which are usually co-located in suitable locations with a choice of Omnidirectional, Patch or Sector Antennas.
CableFree 4G & 5G Small Cell Base Station Specifications
CableFree LTE supports the very latest in LTE 4G & 5G specifications, including:
- LTE release 16-17 compliant: Supports 4G, 5G-SA and more
- FDD and TDD configurations to support all common LTE bands
- Bandwidths: 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 up to 50 MHz (100MHz option: please ask)
- Multiple cells in intra-band or inter-band configurations
- Transmission modes: 1 (single antenna) and 2 to 10 (MIMO 4×2)
- HARQ support
- Closed-loop UE power control
- Frequency based MMSE equalizer
- Highly optimized software turbo decoder
- PAPR reduction support
- Positioning Reference Signals (PRS) support
- Multi-cluster PUSCH allocation
- PUCCH 3 and PUCCH channel selection support
- Carrier Aggregation support with cross carrier scheduling (2-3 DL channels, up to potential 5 DL channels)
- CoMP features (DMRS scrambling identity and QCL parameters can be selected)
- 256QAM DL support for PDSCH and MBMS
- Standard S1AP and GTP-U interfaces to Core Network. Multiple PLMNs and S1 interfaces can be used simultaneously
- X2AP interface between eNodeBs
- M1 and M2 interfaces for MBMS
- IPv6 support
Small Cell Base Station Solutions
CableFree offer Small Cell solutions are available with smaller form factor and lower transmit power levels of typically 500mW, 1W and up to 5W. 2×2 and 4×4 MIMO versions are offered, including dual 2×2 configurations.
Contact CableFree for details.
Powerful, Extensible Radios: optional core onboard
CableFree 4G & 5G Small Cells feature an extensible Linux core: we can add features and create application-specific solutions. Optionally can run a lightweight 5G core or EPC on the radio, for “All-in-One” standalone networks. The power and flexibility of CableFree’s Small Cell is unmatched in the industry.
Ideal for Disaster Recovery, remote sites and Private LTE and Private 5G networks:
Unlicensed LTE (LTE-U)
CableFree offers Band 46 5GHz LTE Base Station and Outdoor CPE devices for operation in Unlicensed 5GHz spectrum, enabling smaller operators and private customers to build LTE without requiring access to licensed spectrum. Band 46 covers 5150 – 5925MHz and uses TDD-LTE technology.
Contact CableFree for details.
CableFree 4G & 5G LTE Small Cells already support NB-IoT release 14 compliant standards, to enable connection of IoT devices to a CableFree LTE base station.
- Single-tone and multi-tone category NB1 UE support
- 15 kHz and 3.75 kHz subcarrier spacing are supported
- All operation modes (in-band, guard band and standalone) are supported
- Multiple NB-IoT and LTE cells can be used at the same time in the same eNodeB
Are you considering building a 4G or 5G LTE Network?
You’ll need access to spectrum. Generally, 4G & 5G technology uses licensed frequencies and requires regional, national or customer-specific operator frequency licenses to operate. LTE works in frequencies from 450MHz up to 3800MHz (3.8GHz). Options for Unlicensed LTE-U (5GHz band) are available.
CableFree Mobile WiFi hotspot products can use existing 4G operator networks and can use SIM cards and billing plans from those operators in order to provide bandwidth
For customers without access to LTE frequency bands or networks, we can suggest our other complimentary range of products which can operate in other licensed or unlicensed frequencies.
Installing and Operating CableFree Small Cells
The CableFree range of 4G & 5G LTE products are normally implemented by approved integrator partners on a project-specific basis to create a complete network solution.
Product Features and Performance options
Please check carefully with CableFree Technical Support that the specific combinations of frequency, bandwidth, modulation, power and capacity you desire are available before confirming any orders. The advanced reconfigurable technology used in CableFree 4G & 5G base stations is highly flexible but certain combinations of bands and modes may require extra hardware, have certain restrictions in use or in very unusual cases be unavailable. We will be very happy to advise on most suitable configurations to ensure you have the best performing network available.
For Further Information
Please Contact Us for more information on our exciting range of solutions using LTE technology