Products: CableFree Surge Arrester for RF 0-6GHz range
The CableFree Surge Arrester for RF cables (0-6GHz, including IF cables) uses high-quality components throughout the design, with stable performance, from over current to over-voltage all have made comprehensive protection. The internal structure includes surge protection for RF cable surges which can prevent your systems and equipment from surge damage caused by electrostatic discharge or lightning strike.
Due to its superior RF performance the unit is ideal for 5GHz Radio Links (IEEE 802.11a, 802.11n, 802.11ac) and other 5.2 – 5.8 GHz ISM and UNII applications, as well as 3.5GHz 4G/5G/LTE applications. Another feature of this surge protector is that it will pass DC power voltages including up to 48V DC, ensuring that it is suitable for applications where DC is carried through the coax cable such as remote radio heads, Microwave Outdoor Units (ODUs), remote amplifiers and LNAs. One specific application is Split Mount Microwave (IDU + ODU) where the power from IDU to ODU is carried up the IF (Intermediate Frequency) cable along with the IF signals.
The CableFree Surge Arrester for 0-6GHz RF signals is typically installed at an outdoor or indoor location next to the radio equipment to protect customer network equipment.
- Two inline RF N connectors for LMR200, LMR400, LMR600 or similar cables
- Supports RF signals from 0 to 6GHz with provision for DC power on central core
- Supports 2.4Ghz, 3.5Ghz, 5GHz, 5.8GHz WLAN, WiMax, LTE, 4G & 5G signals
- Supports IDU-ODU connections for Split-Mount Microwave links with 48V DC on centre core
- One Earth Grounding tag (must be connected to a suitable safety earth)
- Excellent performance discharge capability, which can prevent equipment damage caused by transient voltage differences between power supply, network, earth and other equipment.
- Adopt multi-level protection circuit, low residual voltage, and excellent protective effect.
- Extremely quick response and large surge protection capacity.
- Excellent stable signal transmission performance and long working life.
- Composite SPD apply to the lightning protection for Unpowered RF signals as well as Powered RF/IF devices
- This device is suited for Indoor location, or installation in a suitable waterproof/weatherproof enclosure
- This product should be installed between customer wireless network antenna and the radio port on the equipment that needs to be protected
- The output interface is connected with the radio equipment that requires protection
- The Ground Earthing tag must be connected to a suitable ground safety earth. If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician.
- Connect the radio devices to the RF ports using suitable RF cables such as LMR200, LMR400, LMR600, and equivalents
- Ensure any outdoor cables are weatherproof external-grade cables
Please find product Datasheet below:
As with all commercial surge protectors, this product is intended to prevent damage due to power surges, ESD events and indirect lightning strikes but cannot guarantee full protection in every case especially direct lightning strikes. A direct strike can contain 5 billion joules, which over 10 microseconds is equal to 500 trillion watts. Ensure you carefully earth and ground all outdoor equipment in accordance with regulations.
Wireless Excellence does not accept responsibility for damage caused by direct strikes or 3rd party installations
Wireless Excellence retains rights to amend product specifications at any time without notice
Arrestor or Arrester? You may have noticed that we use two different spellings of the word ‘arrester’ on our website. Technically, the ‘arrester’ version is correct in the UK, whereas ‘arrestor’ is correct in American English.
CableFree RF Surge Arresters are available from all Approved CableFree partners. Contact CableFree Sales for details.
For Further Information:
For further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products:
Please Contact Us
You must be logged in to post a comment.