CableFree 5G NR gNodeB Base Station
Advanced 5G Base Stations – 5G-NR gNodeB – are ideal for modern 5G Wireless Networks
CableFree offers the Emerald range of 5G NR gNodeB 5G Base Stations and related products featuring advanced cellular wireless technology.
Our range of advanced, carrier-grade 5G Base Station products includes:
- 5G-NR gNodeB (gNb) Base Stations for 5G-NSA connectivity
- 4G Connectivity for NSA (Non Standalone) modes
- Software-Defined Radio capable of easy upgrade to 5G-SA (Standalone) modes
- CPE devices
- High Capacity Microwave and Millimeter Wave (MMW) Backhaul links for complete 5G network infrastructure
The CableFree range of 5G gNodeB wireless base station products feature latest generation technology, Software Defined Radio (SDR) enabling ease of upgrade of features and performance for future-proof networking and maximising value of infrastructure investment.
5G-NR gNodeB BaseBand Unit (BBU)
Featuring advanced Software Defined Radio (SDR) technology to create gNodeB 5G Base Station functions, the 5G Baseband connects to Remote Radio Heads (RRH) via CPRI fibre optic connections. The Baseband Unit features 4x CPRI ports as standard, and Gigabit Ethernet (GBE) ports. More powerful versions of the 5G Baseband feature 10Gigabit (10GBE) ports for highest capacity. The Baseband is available in 1U standard and 3U enhanced versions for indoor 19″ rack mount deployments. Optional Full-Outdoor versions are available.
5G-NR gNodeB 5G Base Station Remote Radio Unit (RRU)
A complete range of Remote Radio Units (RRU) are available for 5G-NR 5G Base Station applications in Frequency Range 1 (sub-6GHz) bands. Available in 2×2, 4×4 MIMO, optional 8×8 and higher Massive MIMO RF interfaces, and covering all defined frequency bands from 600MHz up to 4700MHz.
Seamless Upgrade Path to future-proof networks
The use of advanced SDR enables a seamless migration from today’s 4G LTE network to an initial 5G NSA implementation (4G eNodeB plus 5G-NSA gNodeB combined on each site) to a pure 5G Stand-Alone (SA) network using 5G NR radios only. This roadmap capability is unique in the cellular industry, and preserves operator investment in hardware, equipment and installation time.
5G Spectrum: Frequency Bands
Frequency bands for 5G NR and 5G Base Stations are being separated into two different frequency ranges:
- Frequency Range 1 (FR1) includes sub-6GHz frequency bands, some of which are bands traditionally used by previous standards, but has been extended to cover potential new spectrum offerings from 410 MHz to 7125 MHz.
- Frequency Range 2 (FR2) includes frequency bands from 24.25 GHz to 52.6 GHz. Bands in this millimeter wave range have shorter range but higher available bandwidth than bands in the FR1
Evolution of Cellular Technology
The new radio access technology for 5G is called “NR” and replaces “LTE”, and the new base station is called gNB (or gNodeB), and replaces the eNB (or eNodeB or Evolved Node B).
|Generation||Radio Technology||Base Station Name|
|2G||GSM||BTS (Base Transceiver Station)|
|4G||LTE||eNB, Evolved NodeB|
For Further Information
Please Contact Us for more information on our exciting range of solutions using 5G-NR 5G Base Station technology