CableFree FOR3 Microwave Links:
Full Outdoor Radio
CableFree FOR3 Microwave platform is a high capacity, modern IP microwave radio link offering up to 880Mbps Full Duplex net throughput for diverse applications including 4G/LTE Backhaul, corporate networks, CCTV, Safe Cities and Wireless ISP backbones.
Unique in the wireless industry, CableFree FOR3 is available in both Licensed (3.5 to 42GHz) and Unlicensed (5GHz, 17GHz and 24GHz) bands, allowing for lower Total-Cost-of-Ownership.
CableFree FOR3 is a Full Outdoor Radio for Zero-Footprint deployment, eliminating requirement for indoor locations or rack space. The radio is typically mounted on roof-top or tower location with antenna, with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) connection to the radio using a single Cat5/e/6 cable. An optional SFP optical fibre interface is available for sites where long cable runs or electrical isolation to the radio is required.
FOR3 System Features Include:
- Compact, All-Outdoor configuration
- Spectrally Efficient, Software-Defined Radio
- Powerful Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM),
- Adaptive Power Control (APC)
- Capacity up to 890Mbps Full Duplex
- Standard and High Power Versions available
- Native IP/Gigabit Ethernet POE & SFP Interfaces
- Rugged & proven telecom-grade design
- 1+0, 1+1, 2+0, 4+0, ring, star and mesh architectures
- Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP), QinQ, Jumbo Frame (9600 byte) support
- Network Synchronisation with Sync-E
- Licensed and Unlicensed bands supported
FOR3: 3.5-26GHz Full Outdoor Radio with additional carrier-related features, including Licensed and Unlicensed Frequency Bands and supporting 1024QAM Modulation
Advanced Microwave Technology and Features
CableFree FOR3 features industry-leading specifications including high capacity up to 890Mbps, advanced modulation up to 1024QAM for high spectral efficiency, full support for ETSI and ANSI channel plans from 10MHz up to 112MHz.
Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM) dynamically adjusts the link capacity in adverse conditions, enabling operators to offer extended distances, higher availability, and utilise smaller antennas to fit within size, aesthetic and budget constraints. High output power up to 25dBm ensures best possible link margins for long range links.
Backhaul transmission for 4G/LTE networks is enabled with Sync-E and Quality of Service (QoS) features
All CableFree Microwave links are easy to install and fully manageable with easy-to-use Web NMS as well as network-wide SNMP platforms.
Link Aggregation of 2+0, 4+0 or higher combinations channels together to achieve multi-Gigabit capacities of 1.8Gbps, 3.5Gbps and beyond
Low Power Consumption supports “Green” initiatives and use with alternative off-grid power sources such as Solar+Battery for remote mountain-top repeater sites where no AC power is available.
FOR3 is a Rugged, full-outdoor design suited long-term operation in harsh climates.
FOR3 Licensed and Unlicensed Microwave Links
Unique to CableFree, the FOR3 links are available in licensed bands (3.5 to 42GHz) as well as Unlicensed band (5GHz, 17GHz, 24GHz) versions. This flexibility enables operators to mix/match or upgrade sections of their networks, and to evolve as time and customer pressures for capacity and coverage increase.
Note: Not all bands are Unlicensed in all countries. Local regulation will apply. Check with your local Telecom Regulator to be sure.
2+0 Microwave Configurations
CableFree Microwave Links can be configured in 2+0 Configuration using Dual Polarised Adaptors (DPA) for Double Capacity applications and increased Resilience: with no Single Point for Failure in active transmission path, the system availability is dramatically increased.
2+0 configuration increases the FOR3 system capacity from 890Mbps up to 1.78Gbps full duplex for Multi-Gigabit capacities in modern networks.
Higher speed configurations are possible with Dual 2+0 and 4+0 microwave link configurations if required to enable future network growth requirements.
A full range of Microwave Antennas are available for use with CableFree FOR3 microwave links, with diameters from 20cm up to 3m or more for short to long range applications. Ultra High Performance versions of antennas recommended for excellent noise rejection for 1024QAM modulation. Please note:
- Single-Polarity and Dual-Polarised versions of antennas are available. Dual-Polarised antennas contain integrated OMT (Orthomode Transducer) for connecting radios to separate ports for Horizontal and Vertical polarities.
- Higher frequency links (Upper 6GHz and above) have waveguide interface and the radio mounts directly antenna mounts directly with clips.
- Lower-frequency links 3.5GHz, 4GHz, 5GHz and Lower 6GHz are generally “Connectorised” with an N connector on both radio and antenna, with a short RF jumper cable between.
Accessories for CableFree Radios
Please use Surge Suppression when installing CableFree Radios where appropriate. Both Ethernet (POE) and RF (0-6GHz, with DC passthrough) Surge Arresters are available for various different types of installations. Always ensure safety of personnel as well as equipment when installing CableFree Wireless solutions. If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician.
RF Cable Accessories for CableFree FOR3 Microwave
RF/IF Cables and Accessories:
- CableFree CF-HDF200 RF Coax cable
CF-HDF200 (100m reel)
Flexible, low-loss coaxial cable
Loss (2.4 GHz): 0.5 dB/m, Loss (5.8 GHz): 0.8 dB/m. Diameter: 5mm
- CableFree N-Type 200 Plug
N-Type plug connector with male pin.
Note: CF-TOOL-CR-336G Crimp Tool Required
- CableFree CF-332D Stripping Tool
Rotary coaxial cable stripper for stripping CF-HDF200 cable for N-Type and SMA connectors. Also can be used with RG6, RG58, RG59 and RG174 cables.
The depth cutter is adjustable, the stripping length can be set to 4, 6, 8 or 12 mm.
Please contact our team for more information. For use by trained/skilled installers only.
CableFree Microwave links are used in a wide range of applications including 4G/LTE Backhaul, Wireless ISPs, CCTV for Safe Cities, Police, Law Enforcement, Fire, Port and Border Security ANPR applications.
CableFree FOR3 can also be used as part of CableFree UNITY solutions along with MMW and other technologies to increase range, throughput and availability.
Microwave is an attractive alternative to fixed copper or fibre networks and leased lines. Wireless links can be installed at a tiny fraction of the cost of trenched or leased fibre, providing a rapid Return On Investment (ROI). Links can be rapidly deployed in a single day, rather than waiting weeks or months for fibre circuits. Microwave provides an ideal alternative resilient path to mission critical cabled links where outage could cause severe loss-of-revenue or operational disruption.
Other Microwave Products in the CableFree Range
CableFree has a wide range of microwave and other wireless networking products:
Please Click Here for an overview of the CableFree Microwave Product Range which include:
- Split Mount (Indoor plus Outdoor) Microwave
- Full Indoor (Long haul, rack mount) Microwave
- Other wireless products including Radio, MMW, FSO, Carrier WiFi and LTE
Request More Information
Please feel welcome to Contact Us for:
- Pricing and Delivery of CableFree FOR3 radios
- Free wireless link consultancy
- Free wireless network design services
- Further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products
- CableFree Approved Partner Scheme
Customers need to specify the frequency band, sub-band and waveguide when ordering.
Example product code:
This product code example indicates:
- 18GHz frequency band
- “High” (rather than “low”)
- Rectangular Waveguide
- Sub-band A
We have many white papers and pages on Radio Technology to guide and assist users. Some of the most popular ones are listed here:
- Introduction to Microwave Links
- Explaining QAM Modulation
- Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM) Technology
- Diversity in Microwave Links
- Cross Polar Interference Cancellation (XPIC) Technology
- Microwave Frequency Bands
- Rain Fade on Microwave Links
For Further Information
CableFree FOR3 is fully shipping and available in bands 3 to 24GHz in any quantities required. For bands above 24GHz there may be minimum order quantities.
For further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products:
Please Contact Us
You must be logged in to post a comment.