CableFree FOR3 Microwave Links: Full Outdoor Radio
CableFree is introducing our new FOR3 Microwave platform, a high capacity, modern IP microwave radio link offering up to 880Mbps Full Duplex net throughput for diverse applications including 4G/LTE Backhaul, corporate networks, CCTV, Safe Cities and Wireless ISP backbones.
Unique in the wireless industry, CableFree FOR3 is available in both Licensed (6 to 23GHz) and Unlicensed (5, 17 and 24GHz) bands, allowing for lower Total-Cost-of-Ownership.
CableFree FOR3 is a Full Outdoor Radio for Zero-Footprint deployment, eliminating requirement for indoor locations or rack space. The radio is typically mounted on roof-top or tower location with antenna, with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) connection to the radio using a single Cat5/e/6 cable. An optional SFP optical fibre interface is available for sites where long cable runs or electrical isolation to the radio is required.
System Features Include:
- Compact, All-Outdoor configuration
- Spectrally Efficient, Software-Defined Radio
- Powerful Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM),
- Adaptive Power Control (APC)
- Capacity up to 880Mbps Full Duplex
- Native IP/Gigabit Ethernet POE & SFP Interfaces
- Rugged & proven telecom-grade design
- 1+0, 1+1, 2+0, 4+0, ring, star and mesh architectures
- Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP), QinQ, Jumbo Frame (9600 byte) support
- Network Synchronisation with Sync-E
- Licensed and Unlicensed bands supported
FOR3: 5-24GHz Full Outdoor Radio with additional carrier-related features, including Licensed and Unlicensed Frequency Bands and supporting 1024QAM Modulation
Advanced Microwave Technology and Features
CableFree FOR3 features industry-leading specifications including high capacity up to 880Mbps, advanced modulation up to 1024QAM for high spectral efficiency, full support for ETSI and ANSI channel plans from 10MHz up to 112MHz.
Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM) dynamically adjusts the link capacity in adverse conditions, enabling operators to offer extended distances, higher availability, and utilise smaller antennas to fit within size, aesthetic and budget constraints. High output power up to 25dBm ensures best possible link margins for long range links.
Backhaul transmission for 4G/LTE networks is enabled with Sync-E and Quality of Service (QoS) features
All CableFree Microwave links are easy to install and fully manageable with easy-to-use Web NMS as well as network-wide SNMP platforms.
Link Aggregation of 2+0, 4+0 or higher combinations channels together to achieve multi-Gigabit capacities of 1.8Gbps, 3.5Gbps and beyond
Low Power Consumption supports “Green” initiatives and use with alternative off-grid power sources such as Solar+Battery for remote mountain-top repeater sites where no AC power is available.
FOR3 is a Rugged, full-outdoor design suited long-term operation in harsh climates.
2+0 Microwave Configurations
CableFree Microwave Links can be configured in 2+0 Configuration using Dual Polarised Adaptors (DPA) for Double Capacity applications and increased Resilience: with no Single Point for Failure in active transmission path, the system availability is dramatically increased.
2+0 configuration increases the FOR3 system capacity from 880Mbps up to 1.76Gbps full duplex for Multi-Gigabit capacities in modern networks.
Higher speed configurations are possible with Dual 2+0 and 4+0 microwave link configurations if required to enable future network growth requirements.
CableFree Microwave links are used in a wide range of applications including 4G/LTE Backhaul, Wireless ISPs, CCTV for Safe Cities, Police, Law Enforcement, Fire, Port and Border Security ANPR applications.
CableFree FOR3 can also be used as part of CableFree UNITY solutions along with MMW and other technologies to increase range, throughput and availability.
Microwave is an attractive alternative to fixed copper or fibre networks and leased lines. Wireless links can be installed at a tiny fraction of the cost of trenched or leased fibre, providing a rapid Return On Investment (ROI). Links can be rapidly deployed in a single day, rather than waiting weeks or months for fibre circuits. Microwave provides an ideal alternative resilient path to mission critical cabled links where outage could cause severe loss-of-revenue or operational disruption.
Other Microwave Products in the CableFree Range
CableFree has a wide range of microwave and other wireless networking products:
Please Click Here for an overview of the CableFree Microwave Product Range which include:
- Split Mount (Indoor plus Outdoor) Microwave
- Full Indoor (Long haul, rack mount) Microwave
- Other wireless products including Radio, MMW, FSO, Carrier WiFi and LTE
Request More Information
Please feel welcome to Contact Us for:
- Pricing and Delivery of CableFree FOR3 radios
- Free wireless link consultancy
- Free wireless network design services
- Further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products
- CableFree Approved Partner Scheme
We have many white papers and pages on Radio Technology to guide and assist users. Some of the most popular ones are listed here:
- Introduction to Microwave Links
- Explaining QAM Modulation
- Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM) Technology
- Diversity in Microwave Links
- Cross Polar Interference Cancellation (XPIC) Technology
- Microwave Frequency Bands
- Rain Fade on Microwave Links
For Further Information
For further information on the range of CableFree wireless networking products:
Please Contact Us