LTE S11 Interface – Interface between the MME and S-GW
Explaining the S11 Interface in LTE:
S11 – This is the interface between the MME and S-GW in an LTE network. The interface is based on Gn/GTP-Control (GTP-C) (interface between SGSN-GGSN) with some additional functions for paging coordination, mobility compared to the legacy Gn/GTP-C (SGSN-GGSN) interface.
S11 is a many-to-many interface.
The S11 interface is used within the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) for LTE.
The S11 Interface
- Interface between MME and a Serving GW
- A single MME can handle multiple Serving GW each one with its own S11 interface
- Used to coordinate the establishment of SAE bearers within the EPC
- SAE bearer setup can be started by the MME (default SAE bearer) or by the PDN Gateway.
The S11 Interface Application initiates the following events from an MME node:
- Create/Delete Session
- Create/Delete default bearer
- Create/Delete Dedicated Bearer
- Add a rule to create or modify/update a dedicated bearer
- Perform UE Handover
- Perform X2 based UE Handover with SGW relocation
- Perform S1 based UE Handover with SGW relocation
The CableFree LTE platform is complete and includes Base Station, EnodeB, Remote Radio Head (RRH), Base Band (BB) RF Controller, Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and CPE devices to build complete 4G LTE networks. Features latest LTE technology releases, Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Software Defined Networking (SDN). Please ask for details!
For Further Information
Please contact us with any questions on CableFree Wireless Technology and 4G/LTE